1. Open the app you want to record. Unfortunately,
the tool can't capture some programs, such as File Manager, or the
entire desktop, but it does work in regular apps, whether from the
Windows Store or desktop apps.
2. Press the Windows key and the letter G at the same time to open the Game Bar dialog.
3. Check the "Yes, this is a game" checkbox to load the Game Bar. This is the procedure whether you are recording a game or another kind of app.
4. Click on the Start Recording button (or Win + Alt + R) to begin capturing video.
5. Stop the recording by clicking on the red recording bar that will be on the top right of the program window. (If it disappears on you, press Win + G again to bring the Game Bar back.)